My pizza dough recipe is simple. And I really recommand you read up on a few tips on getting that crispy pizza base, even with a conventional oven.
- 3 cups of high grade (bread) flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1+1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon dried instant yeast
- 1+1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
Here’s what to do:
- Mix all these together reserving 1/4 cup of water.
- Knead until everything gathers into a dough. If it’s too dry, add more water. The amount of water will depend on your flour so is not exact.
- Keep kneading for 10-15 minutes until it’s very smooth and pliable. It should very well feel like your earlobe. (I have a bread maker that does the kneading for me.)
- Let it rest until double up in size. Then punch it down and you are ready to roll out the amount for your pizzas.
I like using wholemeal flour because it gives the flour more taste – more like the flour in Europe. If you don’t like it just use white flour completely.