This is a very light and refreshing summer salad. I made up this super simple recipe last Christmas and had been making it regularly ever since (even though I’m not normally a big fan of raw carrots).
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (roughly 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (the light coloured one from asian store*)
- 1/4 cup toasted cashew nuts
- a handful of chopped spring onions
Follow these steps:
- Put everything together into a bowl and mix well with your cleaned hands.
- Add a little more salt if you like.
If you want to make this in advance, you can do everything a day ahead, but don’t add the cashews, sesame oil and spring onions until you are about to serve this.
* Dark coloured sesame oil is stronger and normally used for cooking rather than dressing. But if your store only stock one, just grab it and use more or less depending on your taste.