Are you short of a dessert at your new year’s eve dinner table? Try this tart! It is very simple to make but definitely not boring! I think it tastes refreshing even after a big feast because of the coconut.
For a 24 cm diameter tart, you’ll need:
- 5 eggs
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of chocolate buttons (or more if you are a chocoholic!)
- shortcrust pastry to line your tart dish
Follow these steps:
- Line the tart dish with shortcrust pastry.
- Evenly place chocolate buttons all over the base.
- Mix everything else in a bowl and pour over the chocolates.
- Bake at 160 C for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (It’s ready when the custard wobbles slightly but does not run when you tilt the dish slightly.)
Serve warm, room temperature or cold.