This is my absolute favourite muffin recipe. These muffins taste light but moist, do not contain a lot of fat, and take 5 minutes to prepare. I pretty much always keep some in my freezer so I’d never run out.
For 12 x 120ml cup size muffins, you’ll need:
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds or shredded coconut (if you don’t have any on hand, just use flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 60g melted butter
- 1/4 cup acidic juice (orange juice etc.) (the acidity makes the muffins moist without needing too much fat)
- 2+1/2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries (seems a lot, but trust me it’s just right!)
Follow these steps:
- Put everything except blueberries into a bowl and stir until combined. (Don’t over mix, the batter is fine being lumpy.)
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake at 200 C for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and springy to touch.
Sometimes when I crave chocolates, I would add 2 tablespoons of cocoa power to the batter. Enjoy!