Apples baked in creamy lemony ricotta with desiccated coconut tastes like… A taste symphony in the mouth! The apples are baked soft and tender, the desiccated coconuts provides an interesting crunch, and the lemony creamy ricotta just brings the whole piece together.
For a 24 cm diameter tart, you’ll need:
- 4 eggs
- 400g ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 4 fist size apples
- shortcrust pastry to line your tart dish
Follow these steps:
- Peel and slice apples and pour lemon juice over.
- Line the tart dish with shortcrust pastry.
- Mix everything else in a bowl.
- Add apples with lemon juice to the ricotta mixture and mix.
- Pour into tart dish and bake at 160 C for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (It’s ready when the custard wobbles slightly but does not run when you tilt the dish slightly.)
Serve at room temperature, or slightly warm as how I prefer it 🙂